Back on May 30th I signed up for a challenge to read only books from your TBR shelf this summer, 20 Books of Summer, over at 746 Books. I managed to do it! Read only books that I’ve had languishing on my shelves. I did 15 Books of Summer, not sure if I could stick to it for 20! Here’s my original post.
- The Robber Bridegroom by Eudora Welty
- The Stormy Petrol by Mary Stewart
- The Witch of the Low Tide by John Dickson Carr
- The Dark Tide by Vera Brittain
- The Strange Intruder by Arthur Catherall
- Maigret Goes Home by George Simenon
- Lord Mullion’s Secret by Michael Innis
- Thursday Afternoons by Monica Dickens
- Murder Anonymous by Elizabeth Ferrars
- Dover One by Joyce Porter
- A Far Cry From Kensington by Muriel Sparks
- The Mystery at Orchard House by Joan Coggin
- The Captain and the Enemy by Graham Greene
- Strangers on a Train by Patricia Highsmith
- Fear and Miss Betony by Dorothy Bowers
Which one did I enjoy the most? Hmm… probably a tie between Murder Anonymous by Elizabeth Ferrars and Strangers on a Train by Highsmith. They were all good reads, except The Robber Bridegroom by Eudora Welty. Didn’t like that one at all.
This was fun and I’ll probably do it again next year, if Cathy does it! Now I’m reading a new book I got from Netgalley, The Address by Fiona Davis and it’s hard to put down! Can’t wait to get done so I can pick up The Butterfly Cabinet by Bernie McGill! I discovered it over at Cathy’s 746 Books and ordered it right away. It’s been sooo hard not to pick it up all summer! If you’ve never been over to visit Cathy, what are you waiting for?! You will need a new bookcase, just a warning 🙂
Thanks Cathy for hosting this fun challenge!